Here’s an interesting article if you are starting out and need a little bit of funding to get going, as posted at Real Business Magazine.
WHAT IS THIS GRANT CALLED ?
New Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme
HOW MUCH CAN I GET?
£1,500 plus tuition
WHAT’S IT FOR?
AM I ELIGIBLE ?
Are you from a poor area?
HOW BIG IS THE FUND ?
Sorry. If you’re an experienced entrepreneur this grant isn’t for you. The New Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme is a £7m pot of money aimed at helping first-time tycoons from poor areas – namely, the 25 per cent most disadvantaged areas in England.
The money up for grabs isn’t huge – only £1,500 – but there are other benefits bundled in. There is comprehensive support throughout the entire start-up process, including four to six months’ part-time training. This tuition includes all of the basic information needed to start up and run a business, including assistance with developing a business plan, basic bookkeeping, marketing and advice on presentation, selling and motivation. Following this, each participant moves on to a less intensive ongoing business support stage lasting nine months. Participants can then apply for their £1,500, and use that to buy essential startup items. The vast majority of participants receive the grant.
WHERE NEXT? www.nesprogramme.org
Last 5 posts by admin
- Great post on what people don't like sharing: failure and survivors - July 31st, 2015
- YC video on fund raising that’s worth watching… - October 27th, 2014
- Awesome training session for startups…on YouTube - October 1st, 2014
- A true entrepreneur’s advice: “Go with Your Gut Feeling” - July 24th, 2014
- Awesome video from Vinod Khosla at Startup Grind - February 12th, 2014